Thursday, August 25, 2011

‘Wicked’ Treat Bag Tutorial

Finally! My apologies for this taking so long to get up. Along with school starting up this week & working on a big swap, I had to get a new laptop and I’ve been trying all week to get all the programs loaded that I’ve come accustomed to using. I know it will all be worth it, but goodness…it’s very time consuming and frustrating!

Okay, so here we go…

Pamela’s ‘Wicked’ Treat Bag Tutorial

2011-08-19_4569_edited-1

First I need to mention that I am using a Cricut Expressions machine along with Close To My Heart’s exclusive Cricut Art Philosophy Collection, August Stamp of the Month, Wicked, Mischief Level 2 Paper Packet and new 6” x 6” Kraft Die-Cut Cards.

2011-08-19_45612011-08-19_4562

In the above photo to the left, you will see the 6” x 6” Kraft Die-Cut Card with the flap…notice that the card laid out flat is more than 12” in length. So, I folded the flap in, turned the card over and placed the card onto the mat horizontally (photo to right) with the flap tucked underneath to the left side of the mat.

2011-08-19_45632011-08-19_4564

I took my handy dandy Pampered Chef scraper and rubbed it over the card to adhere it to the mat securely (photo to left). Load your mat into the your Cricut Expressions machine and then move your blade to the above measurements…Left/Right 1-3/4” and In/Out 11/16” (photo to right).

2011-08-19_45652011-08-19_4566

Next, set your image to the Oval 3 and your size dial to 2-1/2” (photo to left). In the last photo, you will see how the card will look once the oval is cut out.

The last step is to score 1” on both sides of the fold to create a mountain fold for the ‘bag’ to stand up.

If you have any questions about the steps, please contact me.

Thank you for your patience!

Signature_thumb[2]

1 comment:

  1. PAmela this is a great bag! Thanks for the measurements on the Cricut - it is so handy to have those!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela