Monday, April 16, 2012

CTMH Cruisin’ with Chevron Tutorial

I learned a fun new technique this last week…how to make chevrons!

2012-04-16_5281

Here is a scrapbook layout I created of my son, who got his driver’s license not long ago, in his ‘new’ red Chevy pickup truck.

I wonder how CTMH knew I would be needing some fabulous new papers to scrapbook my son’s driving adventures!?! The Cruisin’ Level 2 Paper Packet and accessories are P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

So, I bet you are wondering how I made those really cool bold chevron patterns. Here is a short tutorial to show exactly how it’s done…

I started off with a 2” x 12” strip of paper.

2012-04-13_3522

Draw a line with a pen or pencil down the center lengthwise at 1”. Then draw lines at 1” increments widthwise all the way down the length of the paper. Next, I scored lines as shown below to create my chevron pattern.

2012-04-13_3523

You will then cut on the pen/pencil line down one side…every other line (begin with the bottom left line) and only cut up to the center line. Then rotate your paper and do the same on the other side (begin with the 2nd line)…every other line.

2012-04-13_3524

Now, fold in the triangles and use a bone folder to get clean & crisp folds. Once complete, you will want to use a strong adhesive of your choice to secure folds down.

2012-04-13_3525

Above is what it should look like. Below is a finished strip. If you need more of a visual, check out the great video tutorial over at Julia Stainton’s blog.

2012-04-13_3526

You can certainly create thinner strips by cutting 1-1/2” & 1” strips…drawing your lines at 3/4” & 1/2”, respectively.

I am hoping to share some samples using thinner strips in a few days using the National Scrapbooking Month promotion paper packet called Dotty for You, which becomes available to customers April 17th for only $5 with a $35 qualifying purchase.

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and I’d love to see what you create!

1AFBCA5D2337D6D87DF300E172C27407

4 comments:

  1. WONDERFULLY...SUPER...EXCITED!!!! I love chevrons right now and have been trying to "guess" at how to make them...your way is MUCH BETTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! It is going on my pinboard :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are GENIUS!!! Beautiful page, had no idea what chevrons were LOL! They look like so much fun, can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for your amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela